Pages

Guide to Patagonia's Monsters & Mysterious beings

I have written a book on this intriguing subject which has just been published.
In this blog I will post excerpts and other interesting texts on this fascinating subject.

Austin Whittall


Sunday, April 7, 2019

Our 10th year blogging!


This August, we will celebrate our 10th anniversary blogging on "Patagonian Monsters" and the early peopling of America!


As I (and my wife, my mom and my granddaughter say: "Time flies").


And yes, I must admit that time flies by!, Virgil (Publius Vergilius Maro, 70 BC – 19 BC, who only lived to be 51 years old) put it very clearly: "Time flies never to be recalled".


So let's seize the day, in a Carpe Diem spirit and ponder upon our brief moment in eternity, our flash in the vastness of time.


After all, what is the life span of a human being (70 - 90 years) in the life of our universe (14 Billion years and counting)?


Nothing! we are gone in a flash, we appear from nothing, live and are gone in a breeze, to rest eternally.


The Verve in "Bitter sweet symphony, was rather blunt:
"Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.
"


I disagree with The Verve, I am not a slave to money, and find delight in the small things of life (Note to self: the hidden pleasures of life are to be found in the "small" moments, not in things... experiences, fleeting moments of bliss far surpass the crass delights of material joy, of buying, having, owning...)


So, having said that, and looking back at these ten years, I must say that it has been an honor and also a great pleasure to post here over the past ten years, and I will continue doing so because I really enjoy it.



Thank you for putting up with me! And, for another 10 -or 20? - more years.


Austin


© 2019, Patagonian Monsters.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Austin!!!... and my deepest respect for your work along these first ten years of Patagonian Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Austin, (early) congratulations of ten years blogging. It was your blog and a couple of others, that inspired me to begin my own!
    I was thinking about your body of work - all those fantastic posts.
    Have you thought about listing your top ten posts, that you enjoyed writiby the mos? I think that would be a really interesting list. NeilB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Austin,
    I have enjoyed the blog a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Austin. I also enjoy your blog. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Hits since Sept. 2009:
Copyright © 2009-2018 by Austin Victor Whittall.
Todos los derechos reservados por Austin Whittall para esta edición en idioma español y / o inglés. No se permite la reproducción parcial o total, el almacenamiento, el alquiler, la transmisión o la transformación de este libro, en cualquier forma o por cualquier medio, sea electrónico o mecánico, mediante fotocopias, digitalización u otros métodos, sin el permiso previo y escrito del autor, excepto por un periodista, quien puede tomar cortos pasajes para ser usados en un comentario sobre esta obra para ser publicado en una revista o periódico. Su infracción está penada por las leyes 11.723 y 25.446.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means - electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any other - except for brief quotations in printed reviews, without prior written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.

Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy before accessing this blog.

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

Patagonian Monsters - http://patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com/