Pages

Guide to Patagonia's Monsters & Mysterious beings

I have written a book on this intriguing subject which has just been published.
In this blog I will post excerpts and other interesting texts on this fascinating subject.

Austin Whittall


Monday, November 23, 2009

I am Back

 

It has been quite a few days since my last post, it was due to "circumstances beyond my control".

I have been on a business trip abroad (like all mortals, I have a job, and this job involves overseas travel) visiting some customers.

I had loaded some posts so that during my outbound flights, they would be uploaded and posted automatically, I intended to post on a daily basis after my long working hours once I was at my destination.

However I was not able to do so. The country which I visited has some very strict laws regarding what can be done and not done on the web. Blogging is not allowed (neither are Facebook, Youtube or innocent sites such as www.care2.com). These laws are applied not only to its citizens but also to anyone who wants to connect to the Internet within its borders.

This of course is very reasonable and fair. I understand the concern of the authorities of "Empiria"*, who consider that a blog on Patagonian monsters is indeed something that you don't want the average citizen of "Empiria"* to read. It might give him/her subversive ideas, or poison his/her mind. Don't you think so?

censorship

Censorship is xxxxxx xxx xxxx.

Seriously now, I am sorry that this is so, I know that it is a fact of life for the hardy citizens of "Empiria"*, who have to put up with that sort of autocratic behavior from its government (and other worse things too).

Fortunately for me, Argentina has no such laws and does not censor anyone's activities on the web, so here I am, back on line again. We had, back in the 70's and early 80's a military dictatorship (1976-1983) that censored books, magazines, the press, the movies... you name it, they did it. They not only killed several thousand citizens in a "dirty war" and violated our Constitution, they abducted people and executed them without trial, they gave up small babies in adoption after killing their parents. Well, if in those days there would have been an Internet, they would have censored it too.

* If you are wondering which country is "Empiria", I have no intention of telling you, just try to guess.

Austin


Copyright 2009 by Austin Whittall ©

Patagonian Monsters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hits since Sept. 2009:
Copyright © 2009-2018 by Austin Victor Whittall.
Todos los derechos reservados por Austin Whittall para esta edición en idioma español y / o inglés. No se permite la reproducción parcial o total, el almacenamiento, el alquiler, la transmisión o la transformación de este libro, en cualquier forma o por cualquier medio, sea electrónico o mecánico, mediante fotocopias, digitalización u otros métodos, sin el permiso previo y escrito del autor, excepto por un periodista, quien puede tomar cortos pasajes para ser usados en un comentario sobre esta obra para ser publicado en una revista o periódico. Su infracción está penada por las leyes 11.723 y 25.446.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means - electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any other - except for brief quotations in printed reviews, without prior written permission from the author, except for the inclusion of brief quotations in a review.

Please read our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy before accessing this blog.

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

Patagonian Monsters - http://patagoniamonsters.blogspot.com/